Reliable and Flexible Corgi Plumber Wanted - Mid Herts

"It should have been checked out"? - no, the buyer should have had it checked out if she had concerns - caveat emptor and all that. It's a PITA for the buyer, but I'm quite sure she will paperwork stating that 'the CH system has not been checked and the prospective purchaser should satisfy themselves it is working before exchanging contracts' or something, - she's gambled apparently unsuccessfully on saving a few quid by not having the check done.

If *I* was buying a house I would certainly want to commission my own inspections of whatever services etc I was concerned about - do you really think it's OK to rely on a check commissioned by the vendor, who can commission 3 or 4 inspections and only produce the one which fails to spot the fundamental flaw which he doesn't *really* want the buyer to find out about? That's the fundamental problem with this 'buyer's pack' nonsense.

David

Reply to
Lobster

There must be many thousands of houses on sale with older but perfectly safe installations.

If this is to be the case, rather than selling with everything untested, sounds like a nice little earner for some. But of course in a seller's market the cost will simply be passed on.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Which excludes yours.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

What is the nice little earner is that in rented properties (25% of the housing stock?) there has to be a gas check *every year*.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Quite the reverse, IMHO. If services *had* to be upgraded before sale, the seller is likely to get the very cheapest job done simply for the certificate.

I'd prefer the reduction in purchase price that can often be negotiated in such properties and have the job done to my standards and how I want it - not just some basic level to sell.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)