Release agent for concrete formwork

I am using wooden formwork in the making-good of a concrete slab, that had a hole made in it to access service pipes.

I would like a release agent on the formwork, which has an area of about a quarter of a square metre.

Can anyone recommend from experience something commonly available, non-hazardous, to use as a release agent for this small area? I wondered if petroleum jelly might be suitable in this application.

Regards.

Reply to
Anode

In article , Anode writes

Vegetable cooking oil

Reply to
Mr X

polythene sheet is one of the best.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Paint the inside of the formwork with diesel.

Reply to
Mr Alun Davies

Thank you for those suggestions. I can see that using polythene sheet will close any gaps in the formwork where two pieces of wood meet, but I shall bear in mind the other suggestions also when I do the job as soon as the weather is suitable.

Anode.

Reply to
Anode