Relative value of contributors to newsgroups?

Interesting comments about an "expert" contributors efforts here.

cynic

Er: "doesn't even look like this was proof read as the grammar is appauling."

Oops.

spamlet

having had a look at a scan of some of the pages:

phrase one of the commenter used about being "not even wrong" seems appropriate.

Its obvious that the author has little real understanding of even basic electrical principles.

Stuff like:

"The residual current devices that are currently used to automatically disconnect electrical circuits, rely on measuring the amount of current imbalance between jive and neutral in any given circuit."

so far so good, but then:

"In order that enough current imbalance occurs to disconnect the circuit, a sufficient amount of leakage current must escape back to earth within a very short space of time."

That would be a big woosh! Not least its hard to see why he even mentions RCDs in the context, let alone why he then meanders off onto discussions of wet grass.

Reply to
John Rumm

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember John Rumm saying something like:

Might be the way sparks do things in Harlem.

Harder to smoke, innit?

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I'll say, its dificult to tell from his tangled prose, but he gives the impression that the thinks that capacitance means that the capacitor has to be "filled" before current can flow from it. So based on that he has formulated his theory that before an RCD can trip the human body must first be filled with electricity.

He reminds me of one of James Thurber's stories about the aunt who was convinced that electricity was leaking all through the house.

Reply to
Steve Firth

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember %steve%@malloc.co.uk (Steve Firth) saying something like:

Probably been drinking the phlogiston.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

During one of the winter storms a good few years ago that had brought about wide spread power cuts we had a telephone call from some old and pretty obviously senile fellow who lived out in the sticks that he could see electricity 'dripping off the wires like catherine wheels' and wanted to know if he could catch and use it......

Reply to
The Wanderer

brought about

wanted to