Rejuvenating bathroom taps

Hi folks, Problem: I'm doing a redecorating job on my bathroom but have decided to keep the bath/WC/sink etc. My original idea was to replace the taps on the bath and sink. Now I have second thoughts, sink no problem but: a) It would mean removing and refitting the bath to renew the taps. (Not a good idea as space is limited and I can't do this in situ). b) I like the bloody things! The design is pure '70's and I haven't seen any I like to replace them anyway. However they are showing their age :-( Is there ANY way they can be rejuvenated in situ? I wonder if there is any super "paint" or some such finish that would maybe give me a satinised effect? BTW they are standard brass/chrome plated although the chrome is nearly finished now. Maybe some of you have travelled this route and could give me some advice which would be much appreciated. Cheers, Alec Powell

Reply to
Alec Powell

Are you sure you can't get the taps off using a tap spanner? This has a beak shaped swivel end with a long tommy bar shaft that comes below the bath. They are not expensive.

You could get them re-chromed but that would probably be not cost effective compared to new taps.

Reply to
BillR

I have been in a situation where I haven't been able to get the bath taps off due to restricted space - and I've got all the spanners for this sort of job.

Perhaps more correctly I should point out that I could probably have got the bath taps off - my real concern was connecting them back up again afterwards, possible leaving the householder with no water supply if that proved impossible.

PoP

Reply to
PoP