Reinjecting DPC

After establishing in a previouos post that the best course of action for my damp problem is reinjection of the DPC to the affected walls, it is possible to drill out and inject into the same holes as the original DPC was injected into?

If I drill new holes in the bricks, they will disintegrate and starting a whole new course would raise the line of the DPC tooo far up the wall.

Reply to
kev007

I'd try the original holes but you may find they're sealed from the first application. With d-i-y you can take your time and give the fluid a chance to soak in. Also, unlike contractors, you probably won't be worried how much you're using

Reply to
Stuart Noble

================================ The holes are usually sealed with plastic plugs which should be easy to remove and possibly re-use.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

I meant the inside walls of the holes might be sealed

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Kevin Sorry to have missed your previous post on this subject. Just a word of caution before you start. Be certain that the problem is a breakdown in the current DPC rather than residual salts in the walls. In many cases it is the new render mix which is wrong and a new injection of chemicals has little or no effect. Sorry to through a spanner in the works, but its worth thinking about. Calum Sabey Newark Traditional Kitchens (01556 690544)

Reply to
calums

try

meow2222