regularisation or indemnity insurance?

Hi all, we've just had a conservatory removed and a wall built and casement window fitted in it's place. We have also replaced the GRP roof over our lounge bay with a clay tiled roof.

I have since discovered that we should have submitted a building notice. Since the work is almost finished should I:

a) make a regularisation application (=A3193.88) b) take out indemnity insurance when I eventually come to sell my house (=A3???)

If a), will the building officer want to inspect the cavity wall insulation i.e. will the window need to be removed.

How much is indemnity insurance for this sort of thing?

I take it this is something our builder should have sought/pointed out?

Any advice greatly received.

Reply to
bob

` a) Do nothing, tell nobody. b) Deny all knowledge. c) Tell prospective purchasers solicitor, if he ever notices, that indemnity insurance is available for an extra charge if his client requires it.

30% of the extensions/modifications in the London area have no planning permission etc. Work out the risks for yourself!

Regards Capitol

Reply to
Capitol

masses of houses have had unauthorised work done, and mostly it has little impact on sales. Theres always the odd exception though: google for Mr Nseowo :)

NT

Reply to
meow2222

In London he would almost certinaly have got away with it. Much less nosey neighbours, who probably may not speak English too well. Much less likely to know where or how to complain to get things 'sorted'. It would only have come to light when it actually collapsed and then only if it also hurt someone in doing so.

Reply to
Ed Sirett