Regs regarding Toilet and Radiator

Can someone tell me if there is a section in the building regs, that states how far a radiator must be from the toilet seat? I'm in a new build, and sitting on the toilet pan, my thigh is hitting the radiator. I have to sit at an angle. When the heating is on, you could get a nasty burn off it. Cheeky site agent has said the only solution is to take the radiator away, as they can't move it any more.

Regards

SantaUK

Reply to
SantaUK

No such reg.

Try turning the rad down.

Reply to
dom

On Tue, 4 Sep 2007 16:02:56 +0100 someone who may be "SantaUK" wrote this:-

Is this in a relatively large bathroom, or a toilet room?

If the latter, is a radiator necessary?

Reply to
David Hansen

Then your radiator is too hot.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Not large, but an ensuite. Either the toilet needs moved or thinner radiator.

Reply to
SantaUK

Yes, but seriously this is a foolish thing to do!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Erm! there are numerous rads out their to suit every purpsose,surely a smaller rad can be fitted? Other than that stand on the loo. :-)

Reply to
George

Yet another way in which Part Pee was a missed opportunity.

Actually Part M (access) on page 72 has a rule for dwellings about minimum clearances either side of the ground floor loo (400mm) for wheelchair access.

AFAICS it only applies to that loo, and not others in dwellings.

Reply to
dom

================================== My local BCO *advised* that there should be enough room for a wheel chair to be used and suggested 18" / 450mm on each side measured from the centre of the cistern. You could argue that the lack of space between your radiator and the toilet would prevent the use of a wheelchair and might thus be contrary to good practice.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

On Tue, 4 Sep 2007 17:51:42 +0100, "Mary Fisher" mused:

Not really, some rooms aren;t big enough to do anything else.

Reply to
Lurch

So maybe they're cupboards?

Reply to
Mogga

Don't give 'em ideas

Reply to
Tony Bryer

On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 18:40:36 +0100, Mogga mused:

Could be, a cupboard with a toilet, sink and radiator in. Same still applies.

Reply to
Lurch

Part M, and only applies to the ground floor loo.

Reply to
dom

that's some hot shit!

Reply to
paranoid bob

================================== My interest didn't actually concern wheelchair access. I was trying to find recommended or mandatory (minimum) clearances between the various items in a new bathroom / toilet layout. The spacing suggested by the local BCO was apparently based on the only requirement specifically known to him - i.e. the space that would be required by a wheelchair. In fact I was unable to find anything very definite on the subject but looking at several bathroom designs suggests that some bathrooms must be a very tight squeeze for users - pretty to look at but not very functional.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

So use a kickpsace or an in wall fan heater or run some hot pipes under the floor with a thermostatic valve on em.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

"Prinicipal storey'

It could be at the top of the building if that is where the wheelchair ramp ends up :-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

On Tue, 4 Sep 2007 17:45:35 +0100 someone who may be "SantaUK" wrote this:-

Correct order of question and answer restored.

Does an en-suite in a modern house really need a radiator to keep it warm? Even a postage stamp sized one might be too large. What size is this radiator? Finned? Number of panels? How is it controlled?

Would a towel rail be more sensible?

Reply to
David Hansen

If the rad is that close to the bog surely there is the clear and present danger of the rad being bitten through under extreem circumstances.

Reply to
1501