regarding LED and dimmer switches

Is it ok to use (12v) non dimmable LEDs to replace Halogens where there is a dimmer light switch but always used undimmed, or would I need to replace the dimmer switch for a normal one?

Reply to
ss

I think you'd have to replace the dimmer switch with a none dimmer version.

Reply to
whisky-dave

I've done just that and it seems OK. There are other (tungsten) lamps on the same circuit and they still dim, but the LED doesn't. It's not that heavily used though being in a bedroom.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)