Reflex Pressure Vessel - Screwfix

Just bought a pressure vessel and filling loop with the control manifold (with gauge) from Screwfix. The control manifold is "handed", that is it expects the mains water to arrive from the right hand side and the system connection to be on the left. (The instructions from the manufacturer of the filling loop/ control kit are ambiguous and have agreed that one of their diagrams is in error, so I assume that it should be installed the way described above).

Feed from the right, system to the left assumes that the pressure vessel is above the pipework, that is the feed is at its bottom. I compare this with another pressure vessel in another property, I see the vessel is the other way up, that is the feed is at the top.

Is there any obvious reason why I can't connect all this up with the feed into the vessel at the top. That way I can run the mains feed from the left and take the pipe to the system to the right? Naffer

Reply to
naffer

I should have added the response from the manufacturer of the control kit, Reliance, their note follows::

It appears the picture in the installation guide para 1.7 is in fact wrong I'm afraid. The hose should be connected to the spigot end of the manifold unit as described in para 1.5. The opposite end to this is designed to be connected into the system itself, and the other end of the hose to the mains water supply. I have attached a page from our heating brochure which shows a nice clear picture of the easifit kit with the hose connected on to the spigot end. The gauges have changed and no longer have the red dial part which you set to the required pressure as an indicator, but this does not affect the way the system works as the black dial shows the current pressure. Regarding the spigot connection, there is no need to solder anything onto this as the hose will fit onto it with the compression connection on the hose end.

*********************************************************************************** A courteous and honest response but I still don't know if I can turn the rig upside down, feed from the left, supply to the right and have the pressure vessel below the "line". Can't see any obvious problem.

(PS don't ask any questions like these on the Screwfix forum or you will be subjected to abuse by so-appointed plumbing experts! Gosh! I was surprised at their venom. Especially, since as it turns out, my confusion came about by an error in the Reliance paperwork! )

Reply to
naffer