Refixing toilet pan

Hi all

I hope that somebody here can help me.

In one of my toilets the ceramic toilet pan was originally bedded onto a cement base, and rather than use screws/ bolts through the fixing holes in the pan they allowed the cement to come up throught the holes - I suppose a bit like cement pins - these have now broken away from the rest of the cement bed under than pan - but remain in the holes (just not serving any purpose).

The toilet pan is now just 'sitting' on the cement base. I can actually now move the pan slightly (it wouldn't be too difficult to cut-off the water and drain the system).

What I am after is a temporary solution to 'refix' the pan to the base (approx 12 months) - any ideas?

(The only reason I say temporary is that within the next year we plan on installing a completely new additional bathroom elsewhere in the house - and this toilet will then be removed.)

Thanks for your help. Rob

Reply to
Rob

What an odd way of fixing a toilet pan!

What is under the cement bed? Wood? Concrete? Drill out the cement 'plugs, and use screws to fix the pan to the floor underneath.

Reply to
Grunff

Try squirting loads of Gripfil in the holes.

Rob

Replace 'spam' with 'org' to reply

Reply to
Kalico

How? They are full of cement. Perhaps he could drill out the hole and then Gripfil.

Reply to
Broadback

What I am after is a temporary solution to 'refix' the pan to the base

Thanks for the replies guys - looks like I am going to have to bite the bullet and drill out the cement and then screw the pan to the (wooden) floor (no idea why they didn't do this to start with?).

BTW - all out other toilets (we have four) have been fixed in exactly the same manner - strange.

Rob

Reply to
Rob

Is it so loose it's dangerous? If not just leave it. If it is perhaps you could stick dollops of araldite in the holes.

Reply to
John Stumbles