Refitting floorstanding radiators on new parquet

We've got some floorstanding cast iron radiators. I removed them to fit a floating laminate floor on top of the floorboards. With the radiators sitting on the new parquet, the radiator connections are now about 10mm higher than before. What's the best way of reconnecting to the original pipework? The pipes are steel, so there is no easy way to bend them, and are perpendicular to the wall with a thermostatic valve giving a

90=B0 turn to connect to the side of the radiator.

Is there any sort of 'S' shaped connection (presumably with 20/27 threaded connections at either end) that can be used to correct for the change in levels? Or should I just make holes in the new parquet so that the radiator legs stand on the original floorboards at the original height?

Reply to
OK

Cut holes in the laminated floor. I'm not with you on the parquet, though. Have you got a parquet floor, ot laminated, or both?

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Sorry for any confusion; I thought the terms laminated and parquet were interchangeable after reading Quickstep's site. The radiator legs are oval and approx 30mm wide for the longest dimension. So I guess I will need to cut a nice round hole 35 or 40 mm diameter in the laminated flooring?

Reply to
OK

That's got to be the easiest solution. Unless the legs on the rad can be shortened, maybe, which mught look neater?

David

Reply to
Lobster

Why not cut a nice oval hole to fit?

Would be rather unfortunate were the laminate floor to be replaced - the stands would then need to be packed!

Reply to
Chris Bacon