Refilling sealed system

I've got to move some of the central heating pipes tonight/tomorrow and have a combi boiler which says I should consult a plumber to drain/refill blah blah. My head says that it can't be that hard...

Drain ====== Turn off boiler Isolate heating circuit from boiler using the valves just below the boiler.

Close the valves I stuck in last year that conveniently isolate the section of pipe I need to work on, minus one radiator which I'll close the valves on.

Do the work =========== Stick a hosepipe on the drain valve, and get any water out of the pipes that feels like coming

Do my work, expecting to get a little wet because the pipes will still have some water in.

Refilling ========= Open up all valves. Turn thermostat *right* down so that boiler does nothing when I turn it on. Turn on boiler (but with heating functions off) because it has a digital pressure readout, so I need it on. Refill system. Use built in filler loop (Glowworm 30ci plus) to get up to pressure. Go round and bleed rads and fill up as necessary.

there's an auto-air vent on the boiler, so that should take care of itself. Turn the thermostat back up.

Questions =========

Anything wrong with this?

If I don't finish the pipe work then I realise I'll have to either cap the pipes or sort out my TRVs if I don't want a flood overnight. Meanwhile, can I run the boiler with just domestic hot water on, or will it rely on the heating circuit to dump excess heat in some circumstances?

Is there any reason I couldn't run the heating with just the two radiators that are boiler side of where I'll cut the pipe? My intuition says yes and that this is a silly question, but I just thought I'd check.

Reply to
Ben Blaukopf