Reduced hot water pressure

Having just fitted a new bathroom, I now find that the hot water flow rate is about half as it used to be, what could have caused that?

System is a standard boiler with hot water storage cylinder. Pipe work for bath is 22mm, washbasin is 15mm. Pipe work is virtually unchanged from previous setup, save for the inclusion of isolating valves. Taps are connected with flexible hoses and I have checked those for eventual kinks, their fine. Had to drain the system to make the connection and the drop in pressure has happened since then.

Any suggestions of what could be the course and solution would be much appreciated.

Henk

Reply to
Henk

An expert will doubtless be along shortly but I would suspect reduced flow through the isolating valve or a partial blockage due to crap being disturbed when draining down

Connect a length of hose from the cold tap to the hot and turn on both to reverse flush the hot this may remove any crap

Tony

Reply to
TMC

Almost certainly the taps. Pretty well all these days are imported from countries where low pressure storage systems are unknown. You can probably still get taps designed for low pressure - but the choice is likely limited. So probably not the style you want.

The easy answer is a pump.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Fancy modern taps that expect mains pressure water?

Reply to
Paul Matthews

Either isolating valves not being full bore or foriegn made taps that expect high pressure water.

I have never fitted isolating valves on bath taps as :-

- I have never ever needed to change washers on bath taps. I assume as used much less than say sink taps don't wear out.

- Can seriously reduce flow (at least in my last house they did) as there weren't full bore. Careful most isolating valves in the sheds are not 22mm full bore, most proper plumbers merchants can get them about £4 each.

- Always fitted quarter turn cermic disk taps, which can last for ever, thus don't need isolating.

- In my current house to isolate water to bath taps, just close the "bathroom cold feed" and "hot tank feed" gate valves in airing cupbaord, open hot & cold taps in downstairs loo to releive pressure and suddenly there is no water in the pipes to the bath !!!

When we were getting quotes for our bathroom, every quote wanted to tap into the HP pumped shower feed for the bath taps as they all seem incapable of selecting and buying low perssure bath taps. Anyway the new bath mixers taps in my bathroom were available in both HP and LP versions the HP one being identical except having flow reducers in the pipes !!!

Reply to
Ian_m