Reddiseals or not? Plastic parting beads or timber with weather pile? Advice sought.

I am preparing for winter and getting rid of my 30-year old Atomic strip (old copper) before the gurriers cotton on and rip them out (only joking). They wail in the wind if it is strong and the modern stuff is better. So a couple of questions to this august group a) Is Reddiseals really the best value on the market? They have mightily pee-ed me off in the past with their delivery times and inconsistency with performance v publication b) Does anyone have a view on the difference in performance, ease of installation, looks etc comparing the one piece plastic 'Direct Fit Parting Bead with Double Flipper'

integral sealing both sides) and the two piece wooden parting bead where you have to put the weatherpile on opposite sides with a join in the middle and the concommitant hassle. Standard Parting Bead with Carrier
main interest is in performance Any thoughts on these two questions?

Reply to
chris

In article , chris writes

I haven't used plastic but it just doesn't seem right for anything to do with traditional sliding sash windows, so wooden with pile (& plastic dagger blade) would be my choice in spite of the extra painting effort.

I'd be a lot happier with something that you pin in or fix in with long thin screws rather than risk anything that pops in and might pop out or mis-align later.

Other than that, if they both use pile, the perf should be the same.

Btw, pile looks fine as long as you strip it out for painting, nothing worse than paint in the larger than normal gap or on the pile.

Reply to
fred