Recording a Phone Call to your PC

Why can't you use the "BT Wall Socket Recording Breakout Lead" to record phone calls to your PC?

What is the incompatability? I no longer own an oscilloscope so I can't actually see what's happening?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mr F

Reply to
Mr Fizzion

You're doing something wrong. You can record a normal telephone by using a standard analogue audio recorder straight across the line - but the levels between the local and distant ends will not be balanced. You should however use a transformer to isolate the line - and a small value capacitor to remove the DC.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)