Reconstituting CCTV System? I need help!

A friend gave me a box of electrical 'stuff' from clearing out his business premises. It includes half a CCTV system which I'd like to reconstitute and install at the front of my house. The components I have are:

1 x KT&C Day/Night vision camera which I'm having trouble identifying on their website because the label reads- MODEL: CCTV CAMERA and the only other number is SERIAL NO: D029301. It has a fixed lead with one female jack/head, yellow, marked video. The other jack/head has been cut off! Sound?

1 x SFX Technologies, Turning Heads interior 2 x 5w SFX-102. whatever that is :)

1 x Lacie FE Porsche designed hard disk.

The only cables I have are the one hard wired to the camera and a 5 pin power adaptor that doesn't fit any port on any of the above components.

Can anyone shed any light on what I have and what's missing? I can then get the necessary cables.

Many thanks Deano.

Reply to
Dean Heighington

More likely 12V input I'd think, is it just a 2-core cable, or coax, or multicore signal cable?

Reply to
Andy Burns

2 core from what I can see. The inner insulation of the cut cable is red. It's a single cable from the camera which splits into 2 via a sealed junction: one yellow jack the other red(?)
Reply to
Dean Heighington

If there is no obvious power input, like a cable or a socket, then the unidentified cable must be for power in. The usual for such things is

12v. The cable marked video will be a 1v PtoP video signal output, which can go to a BNC plug on a monitor, or feed into a SCART socket of a TV.
Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Ok, seems a bit odd that this would have been cut off eh? However, if that's the case, what would be the best way to get this hooked back up to a power supply... I have numerous 12v power adaptors in my boxes of tricks but I would need the specs of the camera to know what kind of input it needs and would then need some connectors from the supply to the camera, although a simple choc block would probably suffice, no?

Reply to
Dean Heighington

Frequently these things are just cut out of situ, too much bother to open junction boxes etc. to do it properly. As for the power supply most low voltage cameras are either 24V ac, 12V dc or both. From your earlier description I would be 99.9% sure yours are 12V dc. You can use choc' block for the video connection, use decent 75ohm coax after that back to the DVR.

Can you post any pictures of the kit anywhere?

Reply to
Bill

r.org>, Dean Heighington writes

Yup. Will do that in the next hour or so.

Reply to
Dean Heighington

r.org>, Dean Heighington writes

Ok photos here...