Recommended radiator paint .

I am looking for a some radiator paint recommendations .I see Screwfix have tins but that is a high gloss white and I am looking for a white satin finish .They have an aerosol but it seems an expensive way of doing it .

I did use one before from a can but I cant recall the make of paint I used .It went on well and covered evenly so any suggestions will be welcomed . Stuart .

Shift THELEVER to reply.

Reply to
Stuart

I've always just used standard satin paint out of the tin and it went on alright and still looks good after 5 years.

Couldn't ask much more of it I suppose.

Reply to
RedOnRed

Dulux Satinwood works very well in this application

Reply to
Mike

You can get a really good finish with spray paints. I've found the plasti-kote cans to be excellent if a little expensive.

Reply to
doozer

Rustins and Hammerite both do a white satin radiator enamel - about £9 for 500ml.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Go to your nearest car bits shop and look at the spray white car undercoat. I have never used anything else for many years and it is exactly the same as the powder coat on the rads.

Reply to
EricP

White undercoat car paint ....Now there's a thought ...:-) Stuart

Shift THELEVER to reply.

Reply to
Stuart

Cost you £3 to try it and it may do exactly what you want. Look at the cap on the spray, that will give a fairly good indication of what you are getting. Also it goes on thin and does not insulate the rad like brush on paint.

Reply to
EricP

Advantage of the screwfix spray is that it dries in 30 mins... just done about 9 rads with 5 cans. Just scrub with a kitchen pad and clean with meths before spraying. Look like new.

Reply to
TonyK

In article , TonyK writes

Will that go over ordinary gloss paint without having to take all the "gloss" stuff off?...

Reply to
tony sayer