Recommended mains Gas Boiler

Why change the hot water cylinder and peripherals? There are boilers around that don't insist on a sealed system. Of course if they're in poor condition and need changing it would be the way to go at the same time.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Would still be worth trying to dump the electric one asap as it will be far more expensive to run than one using gas-heated water (which will also give you a much better shower!)

David

Reply to
Lobster

Go for the combi.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

A small rad can be fitted inside the cuboard releasing space.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

and wants to be on its own zone with a thermostat to work as effectively as a hot water cylinder in keeping constant heat in the cupboard.

Reply to
John Rumm

A Worcester Bosch 30 Si (I think) is being installed on Wednesday/Thursday.

It was suggested to me, by someone else who gave me a quote, to install a small rad in the airing cupboard. I may well give them a ring tomorrow. The installation engineer came out today to add some liquid to the header tank in preparation for draining the system.

Reply to
Topref