Recommended brilliant white gloss?

Last week the maintenance company of my flats painted the doors in the communal hallway in brilliant white gloss.

The only trouble is that their white undercoat + gloss is not all that brilliantly white!

So I want to put another top coat of gloss on my front door using a brighter white .

Any recommendations? Would like a smooth finish but the brightness is the most important thing.

Reply to
Andy

I was going to say Leyland, but with that you'd need undercoat as well, as the topcoat has very little white stuff in it. If you think you can do it with one coat maybe go for Dulux, which is next best.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

I think I might rub it down lightly and do another coat or two of oil based undercoat. After that a lick of gloss. No point trying to achieve colour density with gloss paint.

Reply to
stuart noble

Any branded liquid gloss will do. Lightly sand the existing paint and apply two or more thin coats of liquid gloss. Emphasis on *thin*.

Reply to
Bruce