Recommendations for a plain & quiet Bedroom Ceiling Fan

Does anyone have any recommendations for any reasonably priced quiet Ceiling fans. I would prefer one that was plain without lots of lights etc

Reply to
john

Have one of these:

quiet and stable even on full speed. It runs all night (on low/med) above our bed and keeps the room noticably cooler than other rooms. Definitely worth spending more on a quiet one.

M.

Reply to
news

> Very quiet and stable even on full speed. It runs all night (on

We have 5 ceiling fans in various rooms, none are what I would call noisy. We just bought basic cheap ones from B&Q or Argos.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

>>> Very quiet and stable even on full speed. It runs all night (on

The key with a fan is to have it large and slow, if you want low noise..exactly what the standard extractor fans are not.

Most of the noise is tip vortices being shed by the blades....the mathematics show that a larger diameter at much lower RPM gives teh sme air movement in liters per minute etc, but at far slower tip velocities.

Optimal is your own personal punkah-wallah.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

IME ceiling fans arent a noise problem at all if you follow the blade pairing, levelling and tap washer advice in the noise section here:

youre a very light sleeper and really demand silence, you'll want an oversize fan run on min speed.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Do remember not to jump up and down on the bed any more...

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel