Recommendations for a New Combi Boiler

Dear All, just getting companies in, to quote for a new Central heating system. We have decided on having a Combi boiler in the airing cupboard, and would be interested to hear from anyone who has done the same. Noise levels ? Reliability? Makes suggested by installers so far include: Britony Combi SE (Chaffoteaux & Maury) French one I think Worcester 28 i series Potterton Performa 28i any opinions on the above or other combi boilers would be appreciated.
regards
Les Gaz

and
Get a high flowrate model. Vaillant are good. How many showers, baths, etc. Do you intend to use baths a lot?

Flow rates are 11 to 12 litres per minute, we mostly shower. Single shower only.
Les Gaz

etc.

Consider the Ideal Isar. It is a cheap, reliable condensing model. Does the airing cupboard have an outside wall?
Christian.
Afraid not, it will have to flue out of the house roof via the loft space.
Les Gaz

shower
the

Almost all boilers would be capable of handling the fluing for this. (The Keston Celcius is particularly recommended if the flue route is long or tortuous).
However, you do need drainage arrangements for a condensing boiler that may (or might not) be difficult to achieve.
Christian.
IMM wrote:

I fitted a Vokera. Very quiet as I believe most modern combis are.

What model?

Les Gaz wrote:

Non-condensing 28kW combi. Worcester or Vaillant Turbomnax+ 828e.
Condensing (no experience personally - but other products OK). Ideal Isar. GlowWorm Cxi (?)
The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk