Recommendations for a New Combi Boiler

Dear All, just getting companies in, to quote for a new Central heating system. We have decided on having a Combi boiler in the airing cupboard, and would be interested to hear from anyone who has done the same. Noise levels ? Reliability? Makes suggested by installers so far include: Britony Combi SE (Chaffoteaux & Maury) French one I think Worcester 28 i series Potterton Performa 28i any opinions on the above or other combi boilers would be appreciated.

regards

Les Gaz

Reply to
Les Gaz

Get a high flowrate model. Vaillant are good. How many showers, baths, etc. Do you intend to use baths a lot?

Reply to
IMM

Flow rates are 11 to 12 litres per minute, we mostly shower. Single shower only.

Les Gaz

Reply to
Les Gaz

Consider the Ideal Isar. It is a cheap, reliable condensing model. Does the airing cupboard have an outside wall?

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Afraid not, it will have to flue out of the house roof via the loft space.

Les Gaz

Reply to
Les Gaz

I fitted a Vokera. Very quiet as I believe most modern combis are.

Reply to
BillR

Almost all boilers would be capable of handling the fluing for this. (The Keston Celcius is particularly recommended if the flue route is long or tortuous).

However, you do need drainage arrangements for a condensing boiler that may (or might not) be difficult to achieve.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Non-condensing 28kW combi. Worcester or Vaillant Turbomnax+ 828e.

Condensing (no experience personally - but other products OK). Ideal Isar. GlowWorm Cxi (?)

Reply to
Ed Sirett