Recommendations for a combi boiler

I'm wanting to replace my old boiler for a combi boiler. The boilers need to heat up 13 radiators and two bathrooms over three storeys. Can anyone recommend me any good reliable boilers?

Thanks

Reply to
Sungye

gasman pete

Please read the Boiler choice FAQ. The FAQ will also deal with some of the many wider issues involved. One of which might also include what type of HW system is best suited to your life style and this type of dwelling.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

I wouldn't use a combi for two bathrooms.

To supply tow decent showers would mean tye peak power is so large that you would be better off with a mains pressure hot water system cost wise.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

On 18 Jan 2007 08:04:29 -0800 someone who may be "Sungye" wrote this:-

Why a combination boiler?

The sort of application a combination boiler is not particularly well suited to. I suggest that an ordinary condensing boiler feeding a thermal store, with mains pressure hot water coming from the store, would be a far better choice.

Reply to
David Hansen

thanks for the advice. yes...I went oto see aplumbers merchant and they suggested a ordinary condensing boiler..such as the Potterton (can't remember the model) it has a water cylinder on top.

At the moment,my old boiler is broken, although I have hot water, non of the radiators are hot but there still is a pilot light, therefore, I think its time to change

Reply to
Sungye

I agree. Look at:

And use a Glow Worm Hxi boiler too.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Take into account is about 20 years out of date.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Floor mounted combis can cope. Gledhill does three bathrooms. The best well priced wall mounted combi is the Alpha CD50. That will do two showers but not two baths together.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Powermax? Avoid Pottertons, although the Powermax has a decent reputation.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

There's also some spiel about hot water systems on the wiki at

John Stumbles

Reply to
Sungye

Reply to
Sungye

Reply to
Sungye

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Powermax will deliver the performance. Forget a BIASI - cheap tat.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

You have no excuse; since you there is nothing stopping you from editing it to something that is a little less "lacking".

Reply to
Ed Sirett

For some reason my initial reply was somewhat lacking.

Any road you now have absolutely no excuse for being an arm chair whinging specatator about the wiki pages. This is because you can edit the pages so they 'lack' less.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

so this plumber was going to install a cheap tat boiler for me.

Does anyone know if the powermax by potterton is wall mountable of if its freestanding?

Reply to
Sungye

so the biasi is cheap tat and the this plumber recommend to me. is the owermax free standing?

Reply to
Sungye