Recommendation for a new boiler

Why are boilers - a glorified kettle - now so complicated, resulting in more expensive servicing and inevitable failures ?

What's the point of saving 10% on an annual gas spend of £300 - £500, if it cost you several £100's in service and repair costs and needs total replacement, perhaps £1000 every 10 years ?

It appears as if we are being ripped off by a self-serving industry.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Cap

I assert that if you buy a £1000 boiler you will be much less likely to have problems than if you buy a £400 model. I think this could be verified.

I assert that you have a much better chance on the boiler lasting 25 years if you spend £1000 instead of £400.

In my experience quality boilers are not unreliable. Of the three boilers I own.

Keston C25: 1 GasValve £100 - Saves £150 /year - 3 years old. Vaillant T/MaX+ Combi. 0 problems. - 3 years old. Potterton Profile about 10 years old - 1 pump. in 8 years.

Reply to
Ed Sirett