Recommend me a Combi

3 Bed Semi Boiler location: ground floor external wall, simple straight out horizontal flue, possible requirement for future extension of flue as may build garage up to that wall. Only possible dimension restricting choice is height of 1200mm. Willing to pay for quality and high flow.

I know you like your Worcester Bosch on here, but I have heard they have lousy aftersales and service in practice.

Gas supply is 22mm from meter over 5mtrs with nothing teed off before and only a 9Kw fire after. Is this likely to be okay?

I've done the umming and arring over several years, combi it is and location decided. I just need to decide whether to go for a storage combi and/or more power.

I've read the FAQ, but couldn't see it say I could keep my 15mm radiator pipework? I realise it may show up leaks.

TIA, Mike W

Reply to
VisionSet

We've got an Alpha CD32C with the EasyStat 7-day wireless thermostat/programmer/timer thingy and it's excellent. Can't say anything as to it's longevity because we've only had it a few months but it's very quiet in operation, very efficient and comes with a 3-year manufacturers warranty.

Heartily recommended -

Mogweed.

Reply to
Mogweed.

The 15mm pipework should be fine, it just needs cleaning out.

The help you narrow the choice you should consider if you have the 2.5 meters to the property boundary, if not then a plume diverter should help.

Along with the usual suspects. The top end of the market probably includes:

Worcester Bosch Vaillant Veismann Eco Hometec Boulter Bruderus. Alpha (apparently they have reinvented themselves form the near the bottom!).

Reply to
Ed Sirett

A modern condensing boiler works more efficiently with a larger temperature differential between flow and return. In practice this means that with a modern boiler you can run MORE radiator capacity off the same bore pipework, even if you intend to reduce the flow temperature.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle