Rechargeable Batteries

Do rechargeable batteries evaporate into thin air if not used for a while?

I have the package, it hold 12 there have only been 2 in it for a while

2 more are in my cordless mouse

2 I found in a spare mouse in the loft

The 4 that I know are in the Wii controllors are not there

and as for the other 2

All of my remotes are a smaller size battery.........I did not realise that I had so many remotes

Perhaps they are with the table knife that only moves between the cutlery drawer, dining table and dishwasher but is no longer in any of these places

I am used to things going missing in the workshop

I search everywhere and they cannot be found

Go and have a cup of tea then look again and they are back where I left them

However this is not happening in the house

something is clearly wrong

Reply to
TMC

LOL, I have exactly the same problem, I can only track down about half of the rechareables i've bought.

Reply to
airsmoothed

Wife's vibrators?

Reply to
Onetap

You are married.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I had the same problem eventually tracked it down to having 3 teenage sons who had no respect for my prize possessions. Still happens to this day except I now have a spreadsheet that I log everything that anyone borrows plus the date borrowed. Compensating for my failing memory with a spreadsheet has saved me a fortune. Jeees the amount of times I would go into the drive and my once shiny spanners were lying in the rain and rusting. :-)

Reply to
ss

Why is it that they just can't leave anything where YOU put it? Only reason I can see is they're trying to make us think we're losing our marbles.

Where's so and so? Where did you leave it? On the friggin table. What is it? It's a, er, you wouldn't understand. What does it look like? Little silver whelping wheel. Ohhhhh, by the clock on the mantlepiece.

Reply to
brass monkey

Wife's vibrators?

Nope

Duracell ultra

Reply to
TMC

Answer. SWMBO replaces flat ones and throws them away.

Cure. Re train SWMBO to understand RECHARGEABLE.

On second thoughts that cure will never work :-)

Mike

Reply to
MuddyMike

He he, are you the only possible user, or could someone else have used them?

No only the innards evaporate over time, not the cells themselves. However maybe you need to ask Brian Cox about quantum effects. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

But none of the other possible users have ever used them

they have their own charger and stock of batteries

Their batteries are a different type so could not possibly have got mixed up

Unfortunately the batteries are not to hand at the moment to check

And obviously I believe every word of this

Good news however the missing knife has re-appeared in a cupboard that had previously been searched

And the nail scissors lost last autumn are back on my desk

Reply to
TMC

It's the Uncertainty Principle - you know where they should be, but they could be anywhere in the universe.

Reply to
PeterC

More likely they are exactly where you put them, and have simply slipped into a parallel universe.

Reply to
Ian Jackson

What I want to know is who comes into my workshop and steals my round needle files? The others are always in place in their rack - but not the round ones.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

"Can I borrow your girlfriend son - want to check the features?", how did that go down?

Reply to
fred

And why have I got 14 unmatched single socks ? All lost in the washer ? I think not.

rusty

Reply to
therustyone

+1 - but include son in that too !

Rob

Reply to
robgraham

actually yes, more than likely

As I discovered when unblocking the lint filter...

sacks and cheap washing machines need a strict 'count them in and cont them out' into a linen washing BAG.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You'll find them in the same place as your Stanley knife(s) and tape measure(s).

Trouble is, where are the Stanley knife and tape measure?

David

Reply to
Lobster

In message , TMC writes

They've been subverted by your socks

Reply to
hugh

If they were stereotypical teenagers they wouldn't care as they would just expect you to buy them a new one.

Reply to
Mark