Rechargeable Batteries

There is an option to change battery type in the menus of some of the Garmin GPS's probably to reshape the voltage/capacity curve so the battery meter works - but it might conceivably change the end cutoff point. I've always used alkaline's in mine, you always know they are going to work whereas with rechargeable's they can end up in any state after being left for a few weeks.

Reply to
Matt

It's probably designed to require the higher voltage of alkalines.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com saying something like:

Same here. My laptop ran quite happily on battery for at least two hours time after time, so I know the battery was fine. Then it sat on mains for months and the next time I came to use it on battery it was utterly knackered - no charge at all could be put into it.

Now I need the laptop as a portable much more, I've bought a couple of good batteries and am taking much more care of them; only letting them charge up to full then removing them.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon