Recessed spots - hole too big!

No idea who it was - before my time!

Off to measure over the weekend.

Paul DS

Reply to
Paul D Smith

My wholesalers would sell the fitting without lamp and transformer for about £3.

If there were 4 lights to change for slightly larger ones I would not mess about trying to make the holes smaller even if I had to pay a little more than £3 per light.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Cut a hole 200mm diameter. Cut new plaster board same diameter to fit hole. Cut new hole in centre of new insert with tank cutter for MR16. Fit a coup le of wooden battens say 8-12mm thick 20 mm wide 250mm long screw them into the ceiling with plasterboard screws black coloured into the enlarged whol e so it misses the new MR16 hole. Fit new plasterboard screw into battens. Fill gaps and screw head recesses. The springs for the MR16 fitting should fit between battens.

Reply to
perry.jones6

Nice one perry... you do realise you are answering a question posted over two years ago?

Reply to
John Rumm

Could be worse. There's some other arsenugget suddenly replied to a 15yo query...

Reply to
Adrian

Sometimes it does take that long to get jobs done :)

NT

Reply to
meow2222