Recent new door frame twisted

Around 18months ago, a new door frame plus fire door was installed for a bedroom. The hinge side of the frame, to the edge on of a stud and plaster-board wall. The latch side, to a flat brick internal wall.

Over time I noticed the hinge side of the frame had a developing gap between the frame and the skirting, also exposing un-papered wall edge.

The recent hot weather, progressed it much further, to the point where the frame has a very obvious twist at the bottom. I can jack it back to where it should be, with a scissor jack, but it spring straight back.

My guess is that it has maybe loosened the studding in the wall to which it was fixed. I cannot trace the original installer to get him back, but what can I do by way of a fix?

I was thinking of several ideas....

  1. a stout L shaped steel bracket, fixed to the wooden floor, to retain it.

  1. Drill through the frame and stud and put a screwed rod through to the next furthest stud in the wall.

Anything else I could do, without major disruption?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Couple of diagonal screws (45 degrees) through the lower section into the floor?

Reply to
Tim Watts

Over some years, I've noticed that either a door or the frame has twisted. Its Upvc of course as its a back door. Its now more than the rubber seal can handle and is draghty in the winter.. Obviously something has warped or sagged or whatever, but how can one tell let alone fix it? The original fiters are long gone of course, and I bet if i get a double glazing company in they will want me to have new everythings. Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff