Reccomended height of kitchen cupboard above worktop

I am about to rip out the 70's kitchen we inherited when we bought this house and replace it with a new one.

Is there a reccomended height for wall cupboards to be above worktops?

Or is it just merely down to personal preference?

Steve........

Reply to
dog-man

If any wall cupboards are to be fixed next to a full height floor-standing larder/double oven unit then you would normally want the tops to be level. If not then you just fix them at whatever height looks right and is convenient, bearing in mind reaching up to the shelf in the wall cupboard and being able to make full use of the worktop surfaces that are below the wall cupboard. I fixed my wall cupboards about 45cm above the worktops.

Reply to
DIY

My choise is 45.5-46cm - no need to cut the tiles as I tend to use 15cm ones (6"). It also looks better with full tiles rather than cut ones.

Reply to
JoeJoe

The Collins DIY manual gives lowest shelf height as 450mm, optimum 900mm and maximum 1050mm. Doesn't say where the info comes from, but it seems about right to me.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman