Reasonable quote for a pressurised HW tank replacement?

What would be a reasonable quote for having a 180L pressurised HW tank fitted, old one removed, all necessary pipework & drains etc, supplied and fitted?

Tim

Reply to
Tim

Doh! I should have said that I'm replacing a conventional tank, not a pressurised one.

Tim

Reply to
Tim

So does that include stripping out the old cistern, replacing low pressure shower mixers / pumps etc?

Reply to
John Rumm

Doesn't include shower mixers and there's no mention of removing the loft tank but that'll be a doodle in our loft so it's not going to affect the price much. I'm happy to replace mixers myself.

I've had a quote for £1,400 from a guy I trust to do the work well, I just don't know how competitive his quote is.

Tim

Reply to
Tim

I had a 210L tank replaced about 2 years ago for £1000 all in, it was a straight swap job. Try phoning Marston heating supplies in Oxford for a price on the cylinder and go from there.

Reply to
James Salisbury

Well I would guess the tank will be about 600 - 800 of that. The plumbing could take 2 - 3 days I suppose. So not way over the top - but perhaps a little high.

Reply to
John Rumm