Reasonable price for plastering?

Hi, I'm having a room built on to the back of my house and am looking for ways to control the cost. Could anybody give me a guide for how much I might pay for plastering 4 walls, total area 25sqm, and a ceiling (including two small rooflights) area 13.5sqm. I'm in North Yorkshire.

Is there are a standard price per sqm guide to a reasonably priced plasterer?

Thanks

Reply to
Joel Payne

per-sqm isn't a good basis. Think instead of a day rate: even a small room like the one you describe will I think need two coats (a basecoat and a fine finishing one), so with travelling, mixing, waiting for the basecoat to go off, and putting on the topcoat it's a day's work (as it's not going to be feasible for your plasterer to fit anything else in that day). Thuz, if you're engaging a plasterer specifically for this job, you'll need to pay them somewhat more than they'd get as a day rate for a week or two's new-build/commercial-refit work. Oop Nuwurth I'm guessing you might find someone for about 150 quid.

Now, if you're "having the room built", you may find that whoever's building can plaster to a reasonable standard as well; or that by going for dry lining with plasterboard, you might not need to try to find a plasterer as such.

At least that's how I understand things to work... Stefek

Reply to
Stefek Zaba

Probably looking around the £450 - £500 mark including materials, ie dry line and skim

Reply to
Dave Jones

I think thats about right.

You could dry line yourself, and tape up, but the skimming needs a pro frankly.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

A pro won't dry line, unless there's a specific requirement to do so; they'll lay down a scratch coat. A general builder who happens to do some plastering may well dry line.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Depends on whether its a timber frame or not. BCO doesn't mind blockwork/stud insulation/platsreboard,and it sure makes wiring easier. Ok, and innder layer of thermalise with iinsulation between is structuirally as good, if not better, but may cost more to erect.

There is no 'pro' solution. Only solutions that meet certain specifications.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher