Reasonable price for painting and decorating

Hi, I wondered if anyone could help. What is the going rate for interior painting (emulsion & gloss), papering, and general DIY (fixing new skirting etc)?

Area is South East.

Someone has quoted some work for me but I have no basis for comparison.

Many thanks.

Steve.

Reply to
Steven Oakes

comparison.

Well get another quoted / estimate from another painter and decorator then, asking someone who has never seen the conditions of your walls etc to give a price will at best produce a ruff guess and at worst total fiction whilst asking people to give you a price on a line and a half of text is plain stupid!...

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

DIY is usually quite expensive. All that Elastoplast for a start.

Perhaps a professional masquerading as a D-I-Yer. I suggest you go to the local pub and look for anyone with arm in a sling or an eye patch.

-- Regards, Mike Halmarack

Drop the EGG to email me.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

Depends on which part of the SE, but I tend to pay £100-120 a day. Local guy to me charges £17 per hour. And these charges also seem to apply for more buildery type work too.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

THanks alot for the only sensible reply. It was a rough hourly rate I was after. Guy who quoted me is a friend - I want to make sure I am paying him fairly as he has a tendency to be too generous. I've been meaning to get round to do the work myself but 8 months later its dawned on me that its best to help out a friend - at a fair price to him and me - and actually get the work done!!

Thanks again.

Reply to
Steven Oakes

I was looking for rough guidelines - of the kind I have seen many times on this NG.

Thanks for making no attempt to help.

Reply to
Steven Oakes