reasonable integrated dishwasher?

I have an integrated Bosch. It cost £400 and it only washes 7/8ths of the dishes. Our previous Indesit couldn't wash dishes either, it was better at drying them. If I had a different wife I would have a cupboard with a rack in it and was h the dishes in the sink, and stack them in the rack to drip dry.

Reply to
misterroy

Our "integrated" Bosch is the most irritating DW I've ever come across. You can't tell by looking at it that it's finished (because it's "integrated"), the door is stiff to open, you have to be careful when unloading - unload all the stuff nearest to you and the whole bottom rack will tip up backwards. Oh, and it doesn't clean very well.

Reply to
Tim Streater

The worst one we have ever had was a Smeg. Absolute rubbish. Bloody baskets would never stay on the runners.

Reply to
fred

MM. Id forgotten smeg. Italian again.

How good are creda?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The Natural Philosopher wrote in news:lrsp0b$dht$ snipped-for-privacy@news.albasani.net:

Gorenje

A huge company that has yet to have much impact in the UK. I have just bought a fridge (based wholey on the styling) A relation has a washing machine that he is very please with.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

MM. apropos of my original post it seems that Creda should be in the indesit group..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

We had a Hotpoint did that once. Comet where we bought it from didn't want to know so I took it round there one Saturday afternoon and dumped it in their shop and started having a rant in front of other customers .

Amazing how a full refund was made there and then.

Never again went there, then they went t*ts up and good riddance!...

Reply to
tony sayer

Must admit we bought a Miele washing machine later last year, best part of a big 'un it was too but the quality of it is in a different league.

Feels it will last forever and a day;)...

Reply to
tony sayer

We've had a Siemens and it works very well, and after several years its not been a problem at all:)...

Reply to
tony sayer

Well, not integrated, but we bought a Hoover 6612 a couple of years ago and it's the best dishwasher we've ever owned. It will stack and wash 4 days for us, the previous Bauknecht never managed more than 3. The wash quality we find to be very good. Not sure who owns the brand these days, it may be Whirlpool.

Reply to
Capitol

To be honest, I don't think that a bad experience with one mode from a brand has any bearing on other models a few years later. (Miele excepted) as you don't know where it was designed (but does that tell you anything anyway) and may not know where it was banged together. Things are changing all the time (Value Engineering) and many components are bought in generic parts. I guess that circuit boards for example come from one of 3 or 4 board manufacturers.

I think it comes down to: Do you like the appearance? Do you like the control functions and logic.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

well so did we..

I think I am going the other way on the dishwasher. so effin cheap that if it does break in 2 years it will still be cheaper than a Miele..

White Night is currently top of the list for 'cheap, but actually works'

The instruction manual sounds distinctly oriental in its language and the giveaway are the chinese characters in the internal PDF description...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

If you want Chinese - look for Haier. In China that is regarded as a "Bosch" level of make by my brother in law. Now they market direct to the UK - seem their products in several stores.

Reply to
Tim Watts

With our rental properties I look on the washing machine to cost somewhere around c.£300 and should last for 3 years, so 100 quid a year. Anything over that I consider bonus time as getting the only repair bloke around out, comes back as either can't get the parts and/or by the time I've charged you for the parts and my time thats going over the ton by a bit so the economics of it dictate new every three years...

Plus its a few brownie points to our tenants that we're such good landlords;!

FWIW...

Reply to
tony sayer

Hotpoint dishwashers were for many years rebadged Bosch - so that crossed group boundaries. :-) (No idea if they still are. Anyone know?)

Reply to
polygonum

They are all indesit these days.

Italian crap - not what they were. I don't think they were ever Bosch.

"GEC was eventually transformed into Marconi plc, from which Indesit (then called Merloni Elettrodomestici) bought 50% of GDA (Hotpoint and Creda) on 21 December 2001 for £121m. At this point, Hotpoint employed around 7,000 people at its four UK sites, three of which have subsequently closed. Indesit UK has been based at Peterborough since 1 June 2003. At the beginning of 2007, Indesit completely took over Hotpoint and merged it into its own historic brand Ariston, creating a single entity known as Hotpoint-Ariston, Hotpoint now existing as a branding on imported products. In 2008, the Indesit Company acquired the final quota of shares from General Electric for US$ 57,120,000.[3] From late 2011, Indesit rolled out the Hotpoint brand name across Europe - replacing the Ariston & Hotpoint-Ariston names."

'Hotpoint now existing as a branding on imported products' may possibly include Bosch, but I don't think so.

Bosch was a seimens Bosch joint venture.

Of course, like many things the possibility of Bosch and Indesit sourcing parts from common suppliers definitely exists.

After all, there are in the car industry only about three gearbox manufacturers in Europe that make boxes for 15 different car 'brands' under at least 4 multinational ownerships.

And only about 4 injection systems too..

And only two designs. Sporty box, boring box ;-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

tony sayer wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@bancom.co.uk:

Very sensible - to some people it seems a matter of principle that they have something that lasts a long time. I am on my third Indesit after nearly 40 years. Can't complain if it falls apart tomorrow.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Yep, usually with the cheapo ones the standard answer is 'beyond economic repair' so why have the hassle of scheduling a visit when that's very likely to be the answer anyway. Even if the tenant is doing something stupid (seems like lots of people complain their heating doesn't work - probably because to many people heating systems and heating controllers seem to be designed by Martians).

Economics changes a bit if you can drop by and give it the once over first.

Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos

Yes thats why we have KISS one's;)

I know where your coming from. I suppose makers think the more gee-gaw's they put on a bit of gear the better it'll sell whereas really the installer doesn't want any call-backs to erode his margins...

Yes we do and most all of them have RTFM;!.

Some even check the output filter ;!.....

Reply to
tony sayer

In message , at 12:19:53 on Thu,

7 Aug 2014, Theo Markettos remarked:

The most likely issue is the water feed starting to leak. Tenants (and householders who don't care) seem to be able to indefinitely put off fixing such things (just a pair or grippers on the nut).

At my daughter's last-year rented flat the only way to get any access to the boiler (or its controls) was by emptying out the free-standing fridge/freezer and shifting it four feet into the middle of the kitchen.

Reply to
Roland Perry