reasonable integrated dishwasher?

After years of crap/repairs and 2 years of it not working at all, we may be able to afford to replace the utterly shit hotpoint BC20 dishwasher..

But is anything any better?

Miele at a grand would be nice...if I had a grand...

whats next best?

Fully integrated, remember.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Excuse my ignorance but what does 'fully integrated' mean in a dishwasher?

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

Another term for "Built in" I think...

Reply to
Tim Watts

We'll be going away from built-in when we get our kitchen redone. That way we can get a door-front control panel instead of the nothing ones along the door edge. So you get to see the progress of the cycle and don't have to guess whether it's done or not.

Reply to
Tim Streater

In message , at 18:23:14 on Tue, 5 Aug 2014, Tim Streater remarked:

My built-in one beeps when it's done.

Reply to
Roland Perry

In message , at

09:51:57 on Tue, 5 Aug 2014, Jonathan remarked:

Probably, that it requires you to add a door to the front to match the rest of your kitchen.

Reply to
Roland Perry

It means you slap a matching front to the rest of your kitchen units on it

So no front mounted controls etc.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Hence the utter bewilderment so common when you are in a kitchen other than your own and have barely any hint as to what is behind each door. DW? Fridge? Cupboard? Blank to cover something up? Waste bin? Where the hell is the freezer?

I suppose gargantuan over-sized US-type fridges do at least make themselves fairly obvious... :-)

Reply to
polygonum

Siemens/Bosch/Neff; we've had one for nearly 12 years now and in that time it has only required a pressure chamber. Very quiet in operation and performance is great. I can't speak for the newer models though!

Reply to
gremlin_95

OK - so does ours, and normally we run it overnight so it's not an issue, but during the day we're typically gonna be elsewhere.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Our dirt cheap integrated Beko has performed faultlessly for several years now. I'm not at all convinced that more expensive lasts (pro rata) longer in kitchen equipment.

Reply to
cl

Not the wife I'ed imagine.... Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Well who invited you anyway? ;-)

Gross and vulgar items.

The real class is the walk-in freezer-larder

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

But perhaos it catches fire less often :)

Reply to
Bob Eager

Where I used to live, two local supermarkets had chilled areas - where half an aisle or so had flappy curtains at each end and a damned powerful cooler. Customers really did have to walk through them to get their butter, cheese and milk. One closed, the other got totally refurbed - so neither existed even before I left the area.

Reply to
polygonum

Our strategy has been to go mid-range for WM/DW for the last 20 years or so; typically Bosch, and it seems to have worked OK.

Reply to
newshound

Our bog-standard Bosch (free-standing) was bought in 1996 and is still going strong. One of the wheels supporting the upper tray broke a couple of years ago - two replacements cost well under a tenner.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

Siemens, Bosch and Neff are essentially the same, no? That's what I recall anyway and

suggests it may still be true. Along with Pistos (who?) and Gaggenau.

Reply to
Jon Connell

They're not all a grand.

(or

is £725 at various places.

Sorry, my answer to what appliance questions is always Miele.

Reply to
Jon Connell

There are about 4-5 actual appliance manufacturers.

The Neffs, Beko and the Indesit lot which is whirlpool and hotpoint etc etc.

And Miele

MM. It may be worth listing these.

INDESIT: (Mainly Italian) Indesit Hotpoint-Ariston Scholtès Stinol Elco Termogamma

NEFF (Mainly German) Bosch Siemens Pitsos Neff Gaggenau.

ARCELIK (Mainly Turkish) Arçelik Beko Grundig (purchased by Koç Holding which owns Arçelik A.?.)[16] Defy (purchased in July 2011)[17] Altus Blomberg Arctic Elektra Bregenz Leisure Flavel

GLEN DIMPLEX (Anglo Irish) Belling Valor Faber Galaxy Showers Burco Catering Equipment Creda Dimplex ewt Glen Carmen Personal Care Goblin LEC Refrigeration Morphy Richards New World (cooking appliance brand) NOBØ Redring Roberts Radio Stoves Xpelair

MIELE (German) Miele.

Feel free to add any more.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher