Rear View Mirror Adhesive

Some months ago the rear view mirror in my car fell off - a common enough story.

Checking out the possible adhesives, I was feeling somewhat exploited at the combination of high prices (£4 to 5) and tiny quantities in the packs of special glues. (Typically people report at most two attempts from one pack.)

So I tried Evo-Stik Serious Glue - a 33g tube and I still have by far the bulk left (and have used it for a few other things) - about £5. Was rather cold when I did it, so it took a while to set. Other than that, no problem so far.

I _know_ that this will result in it falling off overnight...

Reply to
polygonum

It will get hot in the next heatwave and not only fall off but the toxic fumes will make you pass a out and crash the car. thee will not pay out due to a non approved adhesive being used in a vehicle of course.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

"Achmet, our janissary, calculating from the decay of their empire and the daily fulfilment of the predictions of Mahomet with regard to the final resurrection, have come to a conclusion that the end of the world is nigh at hand."

polygonum

On the last two vans I have owned the rear view mirror "hanger" is bonded into the glass. And that includes the van with no back windows and no rear view mirror.

Reply to
ARW