Really Off Topic

I have taken to playing Internet Checkers which is in XP games. I'm too stupid to play Chess. Every time I click for a game there is *always* an opponent there. Am I playing against a computer?

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Contrary to popular belief checkers or draughts isn't a "simple" game more suited to people who aren't "clever" enough to play chess. In fact because there are fewer moves, a more experienced player will always easily beat a beginner. ISTR in the top level games there are set openings otherwise games would always end in draws.

Here's a program I downloaded years ago. I assume its still the same. Even at beginnerss level its hard enough to beat

adams

michael adams

However, do you think I'm playing a computer with my XP Checkers?

Reply to
Mr Pounder

I have XP. According to the blurb on mine, you are playing against someone else. Could be anywhere, not revealed.

Reply to
harry

Could easily be someone else who's using a computer against you!

Reply to
orion.osiris

Sorry.

I've parsed that three times and I still can't work out what it's meant to mean

tim

Reply to
tim.....

Does "what it's meant to mean", mean the same as "what it means" ?

In other words, is there some particular reason why you chose to use five words there, instead of three ?

michael adams

michael adams

Thanks for answering the question :-(

tim

Reply to
tim.....

I have XP. According to the blurb on mine, you are playing against someone else. Could be anywhere, not revealed.

Mine gives the nationality.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

You didn't ask a question. You made a statement.

You said you were unable to understand something. Which to put it bluntly, is your problem, nobody else's.

Given which, this seeming inability on your part to distinguish between questions and statements, it's perhaps unsurprising that you had difficulty in understanding what I wrote.

michael adams

michael adams

MSN Zone.com And for what it is worth, the opponents King just jumped two of my pieces illegally.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

No there is a difference.

Reply to