really great site only you have to wait 36 hrs for a reply

Why dont we go back to mailing letters to each other?

Reply to
kevin77

What did you want a reply to ? - when will laminate go away ?

If you used a decent news server you would have seen several replies...

PS: this isn`t a site, its a newsgroup. As you`re reading this on google tough shit - you could, however, learn how to use a real news server for a more instantaneous response.

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Huh?

Reply to
John Rumm

In message , kevin77 wrote

If you are referring to uk.d-i-y - it isn't a web site - it is a newsgroup that can exist on many on many thousands of news servers around the world. There is not central place where the newsgroup resides.

The speed of a reply is down to the speed of propagation of your question and the when people read it and chose to reply. For example, you posted this question at 00:30am, I logged on and downloaded your article from my ISPs news server at 8:40 am on the same day and posted back an answer at 8:45am . I wonder how long it will take to reach you? Most people using news servers will probably have the article for download by 8:50am.

I see you are using Google for news. This isn't the best way to participate in a news group. Google is okay if used for looking up archived postings - nothing else.

If you use a proper news server, provided free of charge by decent ISPs, and a proper news program you may find that the speed of response can often be measured in seconds and not hours (assuming that anyone bothers to reply)

Reply to
Alan

If he only wants web based then DIY banter is far quicker and a very nice interface with colours and the likes. Also it appears an archive too. A news server only keeps the posts for so long. DIY banter may keep all

Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server More than 120,000 groups Unlimited download
to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

kevin77

example,

making it pretty useless.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

The last time I looked it had them all. It is a bit slow at times at updating, whether that is DIY Banters fault I don't know.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Were you checking they'd spelt your name correctly?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)