Real wood flooring?

Im looking for the best value for real wood flooring, solid oak if i can afford it, otherwise engineered oak, roughly what life span does engineered wooden floors have, is it worth going that extra expense for a real wood floor, and roughly whats the fitting costs?

Any good online deals?

Reply to
Richard

Have a look in Wickes they occasionally have something of interest.

Wood can be resurfaced a few times and is a bit more forgiving than pictures on sawdust.

DIY cost zero. Pro fitting depends on your area.

Reply to
EricP

theres a chap on ebay selling oak for around =A32 a cuft, way cheaper than anything you'd find in wickes. Its not ready to lay flooring, some work would be involved.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

I bought oak floor boards from this place in Kent - ebay item 220072541751,

30 gbp per sq m when I bought, now up to 31gbp per sq metre. Very good, no complaints.

Toby

Reply to
Toby Sleigh

Damn - at the price I got done for some yellow pine I could have got this for not a lot extra! And I'm just just up the road from Ashford. Oh well, in my bookmarks database for next time...

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

ill bet the oak isnt 6in wide and in long lengths

just a lucky guess

Quite the opposite

Reply to
Richard

And here's their website to prove it :)

Tim S

B&Q have 150mm oak for a similar price after discounts - 10% off the whole line, then another 10% for being over 60 and still knowing which day is Wednesday.

Reply to
Ian White

:-)

Reply to
Stuart Noble

:)

But I assume the OP wanted a straight piece?

Reply to
Tim S

B&Q boards are 18mm thick, the French Timber Direct boards are 22mm thick.

Toby

Reply to
Toby Sleigh

I'm another who has purchased from French Timber Direct. 22mm thick,

200mm wide and very good quality oak. Wood is available to view if you wish before mak> "Ian White" wrote in

messagenews:6M6CesFGjctFFAQ$@ifwtech.co.uk...

Reply to
abaker