ready mixed concrete.

Any ideas on what ready mixed concrete goes for per cubic meter? Although the ready mixed concete suppliers websites supply a calculator for hoe much you might need they don't say hoe much it it is per cubic meter.

Reply to
nthng2snet

Depends a lot on where you are, but around £60-£80 per cubic metre (assuming a full load, 6m^3).

Reply to
Grunff

What if its not a full load ?

Reply to
nthng2snet

The price per m^3 goes up ;-)

(Some of those mixer on a lorry services can be quite good for smaller amounts. They just knock up what you need on site)

Reply to
John Rumm

Last time I bought some (just under a year ago) the best price I could get was about £100 per cube. But I only had 1.5 m, so I was paying for a lot of "air" too. I'm in east cheshire.

Alex.

Reply to
AlexW

You have to pay "part load" charges, which bring the price up considerably.

How much do you need?

Reply to
Grunff

Wilmix in Stockport will mix on site and barrow in for you, if you want. Cost me 180 squids (I think) for 2 cube in May.

Alistair

Reply to
Ali Mac

Will see what they can do next time I'm in the market for some.

Last mix was 0.2 cube (by hand) :-)

Ta,

Alex.

Reply to
AlexW

Mixamate is another such supplier who might operate in your area and are good for 1 to 3 cubic metres.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

According to the avaliable online calculator I need 10m^3. p.s my agent newsreader is up the spout.

Reply to
nthng2snet

a 6m cube lorry, I pay 60ish quid for concrete, and 30ish quid for air (+VAT), I have to have a lorry full.

I only have one supplier, as I an so far away from anybody else its hard when it arrives.

Rick

Reply to
Rick