Re: Wiring colour codes

Hi

> I'm moving my home office and phone from one room to another, and have > bought a wall socket, and an extension lead from Homebase. The wall socket > has 4 terminals marked blue with white stripe, white with blue stripe, > orange with white stripe, and white with orange stripe. > The extension has 4 wires, red, blue, green and white. > Can someone tell me which colours go where?

Always cut the RED wire BEFORE the black one!

Reply to
bomb squad expert

NO Create some audience suspense by appearing to comply with the given instructions, then at the last minute snip them in the opposite order. Always worked in "Danger UXB"

Reply to
Graham.

Psst, wanna buy a digital stopwatch with big red numbers?....

Reply to
Lino expert

Try this: (Compiled by Peter Parry)

John

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

This might also be of use if you come across old BT wiring - but won't probably help with some shed bought flexible extension cables.

*************************************************************************** Here are the standard colours of cable, flex and their terminals.

Old Terminal Current Cord Function Cable Cable

1 Green/white Orange Spare Blue 2 Blue/white Red B wire (Line) -50v Brown 3 Orange/white Blue Shunt wire. (Bell) Green 4 White/orange Green Local earth (Not usually used) Orange 5 White/blue White A wire (Line) 0v 6 White/green Black Spare
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Reply to
John