Re: Water pressure

On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 12:04:33 +0100, stuart noble wrote:

I would expect to find this on the OFWAT site. My net connection is currently very bad so can't look myself.

OFWAT.
I think they are only obliged to provide a static pressure of around 4 or 5 bar. There are too many variables for a l/min flow to be a useful measure. But having said that I do have a vague memory that the kitchen tap should be able to produce xl/min...

I would expect them to install their own monitoring kit rather than rely on customer readings. The power companies will if you complain about the voltage being out of spec. Probably have to jump up and down on the right person though. When I couldn't find our external stopcock and suspected low pressure the Water Inspector who came out was very helpful.
--
Cheers snipped-for-privacy@howhill.com
Dave. pam is missing e-mail
On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 13:34:57 +0100 (BST), Dave Liquorice wrote:

Now back:
http://www.ofwat.gov.uk/aptrix/ofwat/publish.nsf/Content/poorpressure
Gives the details, need less to say I was miles out. B-)
The minimum is 0.7bar, or 7 metres head.
At the boundary stop tap the water companies have to tell OFWAT about those properties with less than 10 metres head with a flow of 9l/min. My interpretation of that wording is 10metres head when drawing 9l/min not able to supply 9l/min at a much lower pressure but have a static head > 10M.
--
Cheers snipped-for-privacy@howhill.com
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

pressure test kit which is basically a dial gauge with a short hose and a washing machine tap connector all for around fifteen quid or so. If you fit one to the cold feed to the washing machine and read and record the pressures over a period you will have a basis for argument. You could go to the extent of fitting a pressure transducer and a chart recorder but its probably a bit OTT at this stage.