Re: Water main mystery. Hints?

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 21:50:31 +0100 someone who may be fluffkin wrote this:-

I'm blessed with a fairly small 1910's terraced house that's seen a fair few >adaptations to the plumbing. All I'm trying to do is find the incoming >water main (and the first stopcock inside the house).

If the house has or had an outside toilet then the water may enter the house there.

Alternatively it may enter at an internal wall, to reduce the chance of freezing in the days before insulated walls and lots of heating. This is most likely in the kitchen.

Some houses don't have a stopcock in the house, there is only the one outside.

Whatever the arrangement it would be a good idea to get rid of the lead pipe.

Reply to
David Hansen