Re: Wasp nests: keep a look out for: Wasp Nest Beetle...

one of these unusual beetles on our stair well wall the other day. My beetle book has it down as rare, but a google search finds some examples of other sightings around the country, one of which estimates up to 500 beetles from one wasp nest! In our own loft space, we have not had many wasps this year, so, perhaps this beetle is becoming something of a biological control factor.

As the wasp nest topic seems to be a recurring feature here, and cover quite a wide geographical area, it would be interesting to know if any other readers are finding this odd looking beetle along with their wasp nests.

The first link gives a general idea of some recent findings, and the google link gives you pictures and many more links.

Cheers,

Spamlet