Re: Wall mounted bath taps

Cheers Roger, that helps alot.

Jeff :-)

Jeff wrote: > > > I've been persuaded to fit a Bristan java wall mounted bath filler tap, I'm > > wondering if anyone has any experience with fitting these taps or similar > > ones. > > > > The reason I ask is the tap comes with 20mm long male tail (dunno if this is > > the correct terminology!) so I'm assuming you use a tap connector to attach > > it to the pipe. But, what depth do you fix the connector below the surface > > of the wall? (the pipe will be plastered into the wall when finished). > > > > The second thing I was wondering about is, how do you tighten the tap on to > > the connector if its set into the wall, as there is a metal cover that > > should be flush to the wall when correctly fitted. > > > > And lastly I can't seem to find the diameter of the hot and cold connections > > on the tap, I've checked the literature on the web regarding this tap, > > anyone any ideas 1/2" or 3/4" ? > > The tails should be detachable from the tap - by undoing the captive > nuts on the tap body. > > Embed 1/2" BSP female connectors (the ones used for outside hose taps) > in the wall and cut channels for the supply pipes. Apply expanding foam > filler around the pipes, leave to set, trim back and plaster over to > make good. Tile the wall so that only the 1/2" BSP holes are visible. > > Screw the tails into the female connectors using a thread sealing > compound. Check that the horizontal separation is correct (usually 150 > mm) and that the tails are level. The tails should have a 'dog-leg' in > them so that this can be adjusted. (It's sometimes difficult to achieve > both plus a tight connection!) > > Important: Now get someone to hold a bucket under the tails and turn on > the water briefly. These taps usually incorporate non-return valves or > mesh filters and these can easily be damaged by bits of swarf and flux > in new pipework. > > Screw the chrome discs onto the tails. > > Offer up the tap and attach to the tails using the captive nuts. Tighten > the nuts (wrapping them in cloth first to protect the chrome finish) and > it's done. > > Hope this helps. > > Roger. >
Reply to
Jeff