Just to clarify... the above message is in relation to the problem below: =======================

From: M. Konopka ( snipped-for-privacy@konopka.fs.com) Subject: Vaillant Turbomax Plus 828E - loud bangs

View this article only Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y Date: 2004-03-17 12:42:39 PST

Hi, I have a Vaillant Turbomax Plus 828E combination boiler installed at the beginning of 2000.

Around October 2002 it started developing the problem with the diverter valve mentioned number of times on this group (hot water not working while heating on). We had the valve replaced but then we started hearing some loud noises (bangs!!!) coming from the boiler when opening hot water taps. You could here the bangs all around the house through radiators. We then had the valve replaced another 2 times by the same company (free of charge) with no result.

Last week we decided to call in somebody else. The engineer explained that the valve was blocking itself and that was what was causing the noise. He said that there was a general problem with the valves for this modeland therefore replacing it might not solve the problem (he suggested replacing the whole boiler)

We did have the valve replaced again (£300) and the bangs are still there. Apparently, Vaillant Technical Support told the guy that they would reimburse us for that work as there is a general problem with this model. We will now try and do that.

Questions for you:

  • has anybody else seen this problem? has it been resolved? how?
  • has anybody tried claiming refunds from Vaillant?
  • how to fix this?

Regards, Marcin Konopka

Reply to
M. Konopka