Re: Trouble with bathroom basin

Saw one of those in Homebase earlier today, and thought "nah".
Good job too. When I got onsite to look at this basin I found that the mixer tap was fixed to the basin with its spout immediately above the fscking plughole. Whilst it was possible to angle the pressume pump into position I'm under the impression that the squirty thing you refer to would need to be vertical to the plughole.
Andrew

it was a thick, red liquid based on sulphuric (?) acid. When used on urinals it produced a truly horrendous stink and you had to open all the windows to avoid being gassed but, by God, it was good. Same effect on slow sinks too - pour it in, leave for 1/2 hour, carefully rinse away (it spits if you apply water too fast). HTH, Richard. (supplied from Naylor Myers I think)
Frisket wrote:

Came with separate H&S warning notice. It is 80% H2SO4. Will shift anything. Really meant for drains but can be used on basins and sinks provided a plastic funnel is used to get it in passed the metal parts which it will eat. I put some in a toilet that unknown to me had been already treated with caustic soda. You can imagine the effect, was like a volcano in there.
L Reid wrote:

you're talking about, they'll sell you anything.

Or both at the same time? the sink would empty quickly through the vanished pipework ;-) (Tongue firmly in cheek - Please don't try it. It's not big and it's definitely not clever) Richard.

Hi
I think its just a blast of gas, not a can of liquid.
I used one and it achieved very little. Old fashioned plunger worked back and forth lots of times to pull the muck back up followed by a decent drain unblocker is what ours needs every 3-4 months.
I'm about to give it a 'proper' service with some type of dismantalling and rodding though because its obviously hanging on to too much stuff somewhere down the line.
IanC
On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 09:35:01 +0100, Roger Wareham

It is a bottle trap.
Andrew

Hi
Not strictly, although it might help get the blast to the right spot.
You can make a 'nest' of damp rags to act as a gasket and hence hold the can at an angle.
IanC
L Reid wrote:

More like 2/3 water and a lot of salt! I can't remember the breakdown exactly. If you were 90% water, you'd be either a limp lettuce, or the Archbishop of Canterbury.
________________________________________________________________ Sent via the PAXemail system at paxemail.com

http://www.howe.k12.ok.us/~jimaskew/bodyelem.htm
Damn high school biology teachers!