re-tiling question

Probly the one case where a quick wipe with polyskim, or whatever its called these days, will net you a better tiling surface..its cheaper than thick tile cement.

I've tiled onto raw board and plater without special prep..best adhesive to date is Evostik waterproof.

Bal grout is my fave on wide grouted joints. (4mm plus) any old shit will do 2-3mm.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Hi i have just started to re-tile the kitchen, i have ripped the ol

tiles off but the plaster behind the tills has come off in places, ha anyone any ideas on what to do? do i just tile over or do i have to d something to the wall first, i heard something about PVA glue?!?! thank

-- cath8899

Reply to
cath8899

You ought to even up the surface with plaster (one-coat if the holes are deep) or tile cement first, 'else you'll have trouble getting the tiles flat.

Reply to
Chris Bacon