Re: Three way switch for immersion heater

I want to put a switch outside the airing cupboard that allows the immers= ion

> to either be On, Off, or on the Timer. We presently have a complicated > arrangement with multiple switches (one of which is virtually inaccessibl= e > inside the airing cupboard). I don't want to do this with the timer itsel= f > since the controls are minute and behind a hard to access cover (and besi= des > I already installed it inside the cupboard.) It would be better yet if it > had a light on it to show when the immersion was on. > > So, is there any such thing, and where can I get one?
3 way centre off switch, most electronic component suppliers, probably rapid online. Or less elegantly use 2 switches.

NT

Reply to
NT

Electronics suppliers for a 3way centre- off 3kW 250v switch? I've never found such a thing. Two switches probably best compromise: mains -> on/off -> immersion/timer

-- JGH

Reply to
jgharston

Huge was thinking very hard :

You can buy modern time clocks with these facilities built in, or buy a

2 gang MK gridswitch, 2x 15amp switches, grid, box and cover plate. Make it a three gang and you could include a warning light too.

The MK gridswitch system is system which lets you mix and match what ever you need in the way of switches and etc..

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I've done this in the past using an industrial CAM switch, I couldn't find anything else to so the job. Take a look at

, item

624-9188, pricey at 9.65 + VAT.

If you have a 16A breaker on the circuit, you may just get away with a

16A toggle switch, eg. RS 350-226, only 1.39 + VAT but it uses spade connections, how's your soldering?

Either one will need a box.

Reply to
fred