Re: THE PRIVATE LIFE OF BENNY HILL

I can't wait!

> Those little yellow men are firing bullets at me and I need to skin up and > wait for air support, John Wayne and Superman. > >
I can't wait! > Those little yellow men are firing bullets at me and I need to skin up and > wait for air support, John Wayne and Superman. > >
of the platoon commanders in the battle (Ia Drang) depicted in

that film was a Lt. Rick Rescorla. Rescorla was written out of the screenplay for the film. The film makers and Mel Gibson had cause to later regret this. Rescorla later became famous for his heroic decision to evacuate 2,700 employees of Morgan Stanley/Dean Witter from WTC 2 on 11/9, against the instructions of the NY Port Authority, the building's owners and their security officials. Rescorla was still searching WTC 2 for stragglers when the tower collapsed.

Rick Rescorla was from Hayle, Cornwall; he had been trained in the British Army.

"Some soldiers were less pleased: Retired Col Rick Rescorla, who plays an important role in the book, and whose photo is on the cover, was disappointed after reading the script to learn that he and his unit had been written out of the movie. In one key incident, the finding of a vintage French bugle on a dying Vietnamese soldier, Rescorla is replaced by a nameless Welsh?not Cornish?platoon leader."

ok ..

Reply to
Mr Pounder