Re: The enconomy 7 rip-off.

I dunno if people out there are aware of this but if you have cheap

> off peak electricity economy 7, they charge you more for daytime > electricity.

In other news, the Titanic has failed to make New York.

Reply to
Scott M

Brilliant!

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

In other news... "It is not a wheel it is a coffee table!"

Reply to
js.b1

It didn't, why what happened?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

It is all there for the reading.

No, that is not correct. I have no storage heaters, and keep a spreadsheet tracking my usage. I compare the E7 costs with what they would be on a standard rate. The savings are not large, but are finite.

Yes, you should certainly check your usage, but there is nothing to be gained by over-dramatising the situation.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Someone will know the ratio of Night to Day units that makes the break even point. I saved by ditching it.

Reply to
John

Around 65% of the usage needs to be at night. But there are variables depending upon the tarrif.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

There is no fixed ratio in depends on the particular E7 and normal tarrifs. But as a ball park figure 40 to 50% of your total use needs to be during the cheap rate period.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

There are many people to whom this is still news, mister sarky bollocks ;o)

I'm only saying that because I was one of them for quite a few years! We had Eco7 in this house for a fair few years until the price went up enough for me to care. When I found out how little we used at night, and how much more the daytime rate was, it fair made me shake my fist, it did. Got rid of that meter asap, changed to Ebico, got a usage meter from Freecycle, now I'm an energy-usage tyrant.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

Pope admits to "Catholic tendencies" Bears found to have unclean toliet habits

Reply to
Jethro

I'm fairly borderline but to be fair my supplier has recently written to me suggesting I might be better off ditching E7.

Reply to
AnthonyL

Didn't I hear rumours that Germany had invaded Poland

Reply to
geoff

Presumably if you have an electrically heated hot water tank, that would also make E7 more cost effective.

#Paul

Reply to
news10paul